Monday, October 11, 2010

Yep, that's Big Tex

Yep, that's Big Tex behind us. Eric and I got the chance to go to Dallas this past weekend for a conference he had. While there we were able to go to the Texas State Fair. After all the years he and I lived there, neither one of us had ever been. We had a good time!
We ate YUMMY fried food! (Melanie was so jealous - she loves hot dogs in any form! - this was a foot long corn dong - or how they say it in TX - a "corny dog")

I got to be a kid (since mine were all at home) and pet all the animals in the petting zoo! My favorites were the baby zebra and baby giraffe!


We also got the chance to get together with my Sister Angie, brother-in-law Kevin and two adorable nieces Anna and Julie. Thanks guys! It was so fun!



Okay, so this is nothing in Dallas. This is the chaos of my own home - welcome home Mom! This afternoon David emptied a big container of powdered milk all over his train table and surrounding area (This was taken after I'd already vacuumed up half of it or more when I realized I'd better be able to laugh about it later if I took a picture to document). Yay! I guess he thought it would be fun to drive his cars in. Once he did it, Rebekah and James jumped right in and had a great time driving anything on wheels through it all.
It was so nice to get away, but I really am glad to be back - hopefully refreshed and refilled enough to get me through to the next time we can sneak away ;)

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun to see you guys. It's kind of nice missing your kids every once in a while, but they usually do something soon that makes you wish you were back missing them.

    ReplyDelete