Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Deedle"

Rebekah's vocabulary is immense. She's a talker. Each of our children have learned to talk at their own pace. Melanie fell in at about average. Melissa was late not really starting until about 3. James was early, speaking in clear complete sentences at 18 months and David like Melissa didn't start until about 3. He's come a long way and talks quite a bit now, but we sometimes still struggle to understand him. The rest of our kids tease that he only talks now because Rebekah can speak better than him. Anyway, back to the point of this post. Before she says his name clearer and I forget I need to write this down. Rebekah recently started calling David by name. She calls him "Deedle". She just loves him and he is so good to her. She calls both Melanie and Melissa "Meai", which can be kind of confusing but it works for her for now. I guess I haven't noticed her calling James a name yet

2 comments:

  1. I love when kids are learning to say things. Anna's "boyfriend's", name is Jaxon, but she calls him "Jaskin." I laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute. "Deedle" was the nickname my older sisters had for their little brother Darrell (my big brother). They didn't ever tell me that I couldn't use that name too, but it's one of those unspoken things, and it sounded weird for me to say it. Cute kids - we miss you!

    ReplyDelete