Sunday, February 28, 2010

Skiing

I was born in Utah, went to college in Utah and now even in Upstate NY live down the street from a ski center and yet I've only been skiing 3 times in my life! This has got to change because I really enjoy it! - I realized the other day after going again after about 20 years (which really makes me feel old - how can I have not done something for 20 years?) Anyway. . . luckily Melanie got us back into it. The fifth grade class in her school goes on a skiing field trip every winter and she wanted to go check it out before the field trip, so Eric took her one night. They had a great time. Eric remembered how much fun it is, so over the kids Winter break he took Melanie and Melissa during the day and we got a babysitter that night and he and I went. Luckily its somewhat like riding a bike and I picked up on it again without too much trouble. Here's us riding up the lift - a rare picture of him and I - alone.
So, I was most nervous about getting on and off the lift and of course the first try I missed getting on with Eric and had to ride up by myself - that's okay at least I got on! He had a good laugh. Ha, ha.
This is Melanie in front of the jump she went off her first night of skiing! Why I don't know, but I am glad she dared give it a try - she's not usually that daring. I'm sure part of it was being with her dare-devil dad -even though he said he didn't even dare do that (but he's old! ;o) ) Anyway I guess she went over a smaller one first and did just fine, but this one didn't go so well and she was bruised and hurting so came home and put some ice on it and then sat in the hot tub -while her sister lucked out and was able to switch off and go the rest of the night with dad. Melissa had a great first night of skiing too. I guess its good to learn when you're young and agile and have no fear. - and recover much faster from your falls!

Here's the girls going up the lift together on the day they went with Eric. Aren't they cute! They're so lucky to have each other!

Here's Eric and Melanie, Melanie's friend Maddie (she happened to be skiing with her dad that day too) and Melissa.

Here's them going down the hill. We met them for lunch and the little boys couldn't understand why they couldn't jump right in and start skiing too!

So fun! One more way we can enjoy the wonderful season of Winter!

1 comment: