Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter weekend. We were so glad to have my brother and his wife and their children come and visit us. The weather here was more than cooperative and the kids were thrilled to pull out their shorts and t-shirts and flip flops. We were able to take the kids to the park and picnic and play on Friday.Saturday morning Emma and Rebekah headed outside before getting dressed. The cat was gone by the time I took the picture, but I found them outside petting our cat and playing in this little section of dirt and rocks - and yes, that's dirt on Rebekah's mouth, she of course has to taste it all. Yum! (Grandma Diane, I know you're cringing)

Here's the gang settled in to watch General Conference. Listening to the prophet, Pres. Thomas S. Monson, the quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and many of the other General Authorities of the church was, as usual, inspiring and uplifting. There were many messages that touched my heart, but the one that I hope to keep close at hand and use daily is the message from Pres. Deiter F. Uchtdorf about that statue of Christ that was damaged during the war and as they tried to repair it realized that the hands couldn't be repaired and there was a sign put by the statue that we are Christ's hands. I hope I can be Christs hands, that I can do his work and reach out and help lift his children.

Saturday between sessions of conference we went for a short hike to some falls down the street from our house and had a picnic. The falls were pretty (you can barely see them behind the kids), but we couldn't see as much of them as we'd like because the way down to see them was a little too steep for all of us. We had fun anyway and saw a little snake which gave everyone a thrill.
With the great weather we were able to color our easter eggs outside.

These three boys had so much fun together whether it was having light saber duels, flying airplanes, or just digging in the sandbox.
A picture of the whole gang of kids before they went to hunt eggs.

Eggs high and low they found them all, and rather quickly too.

Rebekah wasn't interested in finding any eggs. I was trying to point one out to her, but she just pointed with me and then walked away.


My very favorite thing is when the kids are playing on their own and working together having a great time. Here they were playing 'bubble gum, bubble gum' to figure out who would be it first for their game of tag outside.
I have great memories of fun with my cousins growing up. I'm glad to see my children building some of their own. Families can be forever thanks to our Savior and His gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment