Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving

I started this entry before Christmas, but never finished it. I guess now that its Feb of the next year I ought to finish it. I would scrap it except that we really had a great Thanksgiving and I want to give thanks to the family that made it so fun.

First the biggest thanks I have to give is to my wonderful husband who finished our new kitchen the week before Thanksgiving. What a big treat that was for me to get to cook Thanksgiving dinner in a brand new, beautiful kitchen, plus a new dinning room and entry way. It makes our home much more comfortable and enjoyable.

We were thrilled to have Russell and Erin and their cute kids join us. They had a road trip that was extended way too long because of Holiday traffic and we're so grateful they were willing to drive all that way especially Erin who was expecting. We had a great time with them and our kids had a ball.

We also enjoyed the company of Pat and Colleen and Will. There's always a good time when they're around. Our kids couldn't love Will more. We played some games after dinner. This is a lousy picture because our flash on our camera had gone out and it just dawned on me that I hadn't taken any pictures of our Thanksgiving so I hurried and snapped a few. Also, and I know I've mentioned this before - my photography skills are very limited.

When we moved into the new kitchen our old kitchen became "the box room" temporarily since we had all these huge boxes from the cabinets and since empty boxes are the best toys ever we let our kids go wild with them. They really wore them out. Logan, James, Melissa and Melanie had some game going where they were running around taking pictures of each other. I don't know exactly what it was, but they were having a great time.Russ and Erin's daughter Emma is a doll. We all just love her.


James and Logan had a great time together. They are about 6 mos. apart in age and get along great. I love to see the two of them playing together.














No comments:

Post a Comment