Sunday, August 14, 2011

Swim Lessons 2011

We're so lucky to live in a town that provides free swim lessons to our children. They do it at a local college pool and some of the kids cousins are their teachers. They've always loved it and this year was no different. It was David's first year and he did great! I had to talk him into it the first couple of days - but he did amazing and would jump off the diving board and everything. One hot day some friends of ours invited us to their pool and I was amazed to see him jump off the diving board and swim to the side all by himself! They do 3 weeks of lessons. Monday through Friday for 45 min. each day and the last day they let parents come in and watch as they show off their skills and jump off the diving board. They get their evaluations and some treats. Here are some of my pictures from that last day.

Below is James walking with flippers on his feet - always funny!



Not too clear, but that's James getting ready to jump off the diving board and that's Melissa swimming in the middle. I was sad that none of my pictures of them jumping came out clear. They're all pretty good jumpers.



Melissa and her cousin Kaleigh. They were in the same class this year.



Above is Rebekah the day we went to our friend's pool. She wanted me to let go of her and let her swim and I kept trying to convince her she would sink because she didn't know how to swim yet, so she was thrilled when someone offered her this ring and she discovered she could do it by herself. She wanted goggles too. She surprised me and jumped off the diving board that day too - not by herself of course, but she wanted to do it and went up by herself and suprised me by actually jumping to me without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment