Thursday, June 23, 2011

Major snow

No, we're not having major snow in June - I'm just playing catch up and for some reason when I looked at my photos and saw these I thought they were worthy to remember. Maybe for those of you in hotter climates this will help cool you off just looking at them :o) I just wanted to measure this, because this is what I had to shovel all the way from my door to my vehicle, and then I actually had to shovel around my vehicle, which is a huge suburban - but the snow was so deep and so heavy it wouldn't move until helped. Even though it was freezing I worked up a pretty good sweat shoving this mess!




This snow was on top of an already large mound of packed snow!




Can you see those huge clumps of snow? That's what just slid off our roof - with a big WHAMP! I ran outside to see what it was - look at those things! I bet our roof was relieved to get rid of that weight!!



Again more roof snow falloff. After a while I got sick of shovelling this - actually it was too packed and I couldn't shovel it and so I just went out and stomped on it good to make sure no one would fall through -and made a path over it.



Can you see how thick that is? - and that's just since the last mess fell off!



It's a good thing I love the snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment