Thursday, April 23, 2009

Weekend trip

This past weekend we took a little family trip to Palmyra, NY. For those of you that are not members of my church that is a place of significant history for us. You can find more info about it at http://www.hillcumorah.org/. Those of you who are members, that is a great website to help plan a trip up here, although I hope you would let us know too because we'd love to have you!! Anyway, back to our trip. We stayed at a little place with an indoor pool because that is of course a total thrill for our kids.



Because everything is about multi-tasking, part of our trip included stopping at the tile store to get the rest of the tile for our -in progress- master bathroom, which by the way, we found a fabulous deal on that we're totally excited about (I'll show pictures of the project when it is completed). Also we stopped by the Bishop's Storehouse for an update on food storage - again a mormon thing - but com'on people we're in a bad recession - better safe than sorry! Get prepared! And, the most important reason for going to Palmyra is . . . the temple. (I wish I had taken a picture of our family there to insert here, but I didn't sorry!) Eric and I planned to go to the temple. He had a wonderful experience, but as I dug in my wallet for my recommend I was horrified to realize it wasn't there. I was heartbroken. Apparently one of the many times my wallet has been ransacked by my beloved children the recommend did not get replaced (and I still haven't found it, ugh!) The good part is that while I was at the temple Eric and the kids were going to go across the street where one of our church buildings has a lovely pavillion and baseball field in back and play baseball (the girls are playing t-ball and softball now, so good practice time). Since I didn't get to go to the temple I got to play too and took the following pictures of our fun.






And this is always how David holds the bat - I think its because if he holds it the right way, its too heavy and he can't pick it up. Its just so cute though, I love it!

I guess this could go under another post, but I'm just going to add it at the end of this since it's part of the trip. We found a great little old playground in Palmyra - it really is a cute little town. I have great memories of playing on playgrounds as a kid and my favorite things to play on were the merry-go-round, the see-saw or teeter-totter and those old metal slides. They don't make these anymore and I guess I know why, but it was so fun to find them all at this playground. Our kids had a great time. Here's a video Eric took of them on the merry-go-round while I was nursing Rebekah. When she was done I went and took a spin myself! Our kids always think its so funny when I play on the playground equipment with them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh fun! I love the video of the merry-go-round. Those were one of my favorite things too! So lame they can't make 'em anymore.

    I must be getting old though cuz just watching it go around and around made me kind of dizzy.

    ReplyDelete